Why Choose Crossroads
When the integrity of your home is at stake, you want to leave nothing to chance. At Crossroads, you will get outstanding work with exceptional customer service.
About 15% of all new homes in the US have a crawl space.
This space is designed to make it easier for homeowners and contractors to reach vital parts of the home.
Just like all other parts of your house, maintenance, and repairs of your crawl space are necessary.
All you have to do is watch for the signs and symptoms of crawl space damage and call for a crawl space repair the moment you see them.
This can ensure you avoid a major issue like mold or water damage, and keep your home safe and protected.
5 Signs Your Crawl Space Needs Repairs
If you’re a new homeowner or haven’t paid much attention to your crawl space, you may not know what to look for.
These are five telltale signs that you need a foundation repair company to help in your crawl space.
1. Increased Indoor Humidity – High humidity levels in your crawl space can be a slow-moving disaster to your foundation, floor joists, and energy costs. If you notice higher indoor humidity levels than outside, it may be time to call a us for crawl space repair.
2. Unpleasant Smells – A strange smell in your home may be originating from your crawl space. A damaged crawl space can be a breeding ground for mold and mildew. It can also provide a place for unwanted animals to become trapped, leading to a foul odor that permeates the home. Contacting our team can help identify and repair the issue before the smell gets worse.
3. Moisture – Any type of standing water or moisture is cause for concern. Checking the crawl space and identifying any stagnant water issue, especially after a storm, could indicate the need for crawl space repair.
4. Sagging Floor Issues – Uneven, sloping, or bouncy floors may be a sign of wood rot caused by crawl space issues.
5. Mold Growth – Mold spores may start in a crawl space and then spread throughout the house. They thrive in humid areas with organic material like bathrooms and kitchens, causing discoloration to walls and ceilings and damage throughout the home.
3 Repair Solutions for Crawl Space
At Crossroads, we provide three main repair solutions for crawl spaces.
These solutions can solve a variety of common issues and keep your crawl space clean and dry.
1. Encapsulation – The Crossroads Encapsulation System eliminates moisture, mold, mildew, and radon gas from your home. Rather than just laying down plastic, the system is customized to your crawl space. It is a cost-effective investment that improves air quality, reduces energy costs, removes musty odors, protects against dry rot and allergens, and keeps out bugs and rodents. Installation is usually completed within a day and leaves no mess.
2. Crawl Space Stabilizers – Our Crawl Space Stabilizer is designed for residential and commercial use to provide support for sagging floor joists and beams in crawl spaces. We use a low-profile, high-strength polymer concrete PolyBase glass fiber reinforced foundation for stability. The stabilizer features an adjustable 12″ threaded rod, a 3.5″ high-strength steel main tube, and pre-drilled holes in the top plate for connecting to floor joists or support beams. The square main tube is designed to fit in a standard precast base when used with a granular base. Its ultimate capacity is 144.98 kips with the threaded rod fully retracted and 45.7 kips with the threaded rod fully extended.
3. Sump pump systems – Crossroads offers skilled and experienced installers to avoid common issues with sump pump installations. Our pumps are industrial grade and designed for residential use, with features such as continuous operation, a Permanent Split Capacitor (PSC) motor, thermal protection, upper and lower ball bearings, and harmonically balanced, quiet operation. They also have water-cooled motors (no cooling oil) and double or triple seals for longer life.
FAQs about Crawl Space Repair
Why Choose Crossroads
- All American-Made Products – It is important to us to support our local economy and choose products that meet the highest industry standards. That’s why everything we use is made right here in the United States.
- No Scare Tactics – We believe in empowering our customers, not intimidating them. We educate you on your options and provide professional suggestions while allowing the homeowner to stay in control every step of the way.
- We Don’t Redo Jobs – Because our standard of work is higher than most, our repairs last longer and don’t ever need to be redone. Of course, we provide the industry’s best lifetime guarantee anyway – but we promise you won’t need it.
Protect Your Foundation
Crawl space repair is a vital aspect of maintaining the structural integrity and health of your home. It helps to prevent moisture-related issues, such as mold growth and wood rot, which can lead to costly repairs and pose health risks to occupants.
By addressing problems in the crawl space, you can also improve the energy efficiency of your home, resulting in lower utility bills.
Keeping up with your crawl space can ultimately enhance the safety, comfort, and value of your home, making it a worthwhile investment for any homeowner.
If your crawl space needs some attention, give us a call today.